Re: Fwd: Call for Debian Installer testing, before D-I Beta1 release

Jake McGraw wrote:
> Aware of the issue, I wanted to know if we could get access to a
> version of the latest Debian installer with the Intel microcode
> (perhaps available at slug-firmware.net). This way we can test the
> latest installer on the NSLU2, thereby avoiding the problems we had
> with 4.0r1.

See the last two sections on this page:

 http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Debian/BuildImage

for how to do this.

Depending on your reading of the 2.4 version microcode license, the
advice of your own legal counsel (I am not a lawyer) and your
sensitivity to DFSG compliance of what you distribute, you may even be
able to provide the resulting testing image for others to download.

I am not a lawyer, so consult your own legal advisor before you do this.

-- Rod