Re: RAID1 root on nslu2

* Gordon Farquharson <gordonfarquharson@gmail.com> [2007-04-03 23:04]:
> Unfortunately, setting the kernel command line is tricky on the NSLU2
> with Debian right now. The command line is set by APEX, the second
> stage boot loader that Debian/NSLU2 uses, and the version of APEX in
> Debian supports apex-env which allows one to change the kernel command
> line. However, the copy of APEX in the mtdblock2 partition of the
> NSLU2 flash is padded with zeros, not 0xffs, which makes apex-env
> unhappy. Therefore, to change the command line, the copy of APEX in
> the flash needs to be overwritten with a version that is padded with
> 0xffs.

If I remember correctly, you could simply do:

apex-env printenv
apex-env eraseenv

and then set the environment variables again.

Maybe someething liks this:

apex-env printenv > env
apex-env eraseenv
for i in `cat env`; do
    key=$(echo "$i" | cut -d '=' -f1)
    val=$(echo "$i" | cut -d '=' -f2)
    apex-env setenv "$key" "$val"
done

Note that I didn't test this.  Maybe Gordon can confirm that this'll
work.

Gordon, can you add the rootdelay answer to the FAQ please.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/