ongoing build problems with fityk on arm

Hello All:

I am continuing to have problems with fityk timing out on the arm buildd. The package takes a lot of resources to compile (up to 300M or RAM for some files) and the resulting binary is an X11 program.

I have been working with upstream to solve some optimization problems with the g++-4.1 compiler but this will not likely help the timing out of the arm buildd since the problem has existed for the last revision of the package as well.

The question is this. Is fityk really a package that is useful for the arm architecture? Only those who use arm can tell me this. If it isn't maybe I should exclude arm from the architecture list or the package can be marked "not-for-us". I don't even what to try porting it myself using leisner as that machine has only 64M or RAM and I am sure that it will be painful if even possible.

Cheers,

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics