binutils

I am trying to compile a kernel on a debian installation on my ipaq.  I
am looking for a version of binutils equal to or greater than 2.9.5.
All I seem to be able to locate is 2.1.5, which is inadequate for kernel
2.4 or greater compilation.  If anyone could tell me where the source
for this is (or even a ddeian package for code for the same) I would
greatly appreciate it.

My current /etc/apt/sources.list is:
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://intimate.handhelds.org/debian unstable main
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

--
Trixter   http://www.0xdecafbad.com/