Re: installing on RiscPC

In message <[🔎] E15bqrG-0000Ug-00@kings-cross.london.uk.eu.org>
          Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> wrote:

> I get the feeling this is still a bit of a black art.  Looking at the
> boot-floppies documentation, it's no surprise: there seems to be no RiscPC
> specific information at all.
>
> Would anybody who's been through this process care to work on adding suitable
> stuff to the manual?  I suspect the amount of information required is actually
> quite small.

It's actually quite extensive.   My install document covers a good deal
of the issues, but there's still big areas missing.  Perhaps this ought
to be added somewhere official, and updated (parts are now out of date).
I'm not volunteering right, btw :-)

>  We probably ought to bundle some kind of boot loader on the
> Debian CD images too; what's the loader of choice these days? (LinLoader would
> be my guess, but what do I know?)

Yes linloader, it just hasn't been done.

PEter

 Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org
 RISC OS Projects Initiative  -  http://www.chocky.org/initiative/
 Java for RISC OS and ARM     -  http://www.chocky.org/java/