Re: What's the status on Xfree86 4.1.0?

On Tue 28 Aug, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >D'oh!  I was trying to build under 2.2.19, which is known to cause
> >problems with fakeroot.
>
> I didn't know that.  Does anybody know what's actually wrong with it?  I've
> actually just switched the default install kernel for woody back to 2.2.19
> from 2.4.5 because the latter didn't seem especially stable either.
>
> I'll have a go at building a 2.4.9 or so and see if that's any better.

At least on sa1100-type machines (mostly the lart) I've found 2.4.6-rmk1-np2
to be a good kernel vintage. After that things started to break again and
boot loaders need to be changed...

This may not be true for netwinders and rpcs of course...

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679