Re: Debian on ARM platforms...

Scott Bambrough <scottb@netwinder.org> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> I recently rejoined the list, and would like to get up to speed with
> the state of the Debian ARM port.  I have a few questions, and I'd
> appreciate it someone could take the time to answer them.

I'll throw in my 2 cents - even though I've been basically absent from
the port for the past few months.  I've been quite busy - having
accepted a job at Transvirtual (kaffe/embedded linux stuff),
organizing a shutdown of my consulting stuff so I can move to
California, and also doing the webmaster/ftpmaster duties at
kernel.org part-time.

My time available to do Debian stuff has almost completely disappeared
... sorry guys.  :-(

> 2.  Who is leading/coordinating the effort?  The web pages seem out of date.

Jim Studt <jim@federated.com> seems to be pulling the weight.

It's my fault that the web pages are out of date.  I think I'll
replace them with some sort of placeholder, seeing that nobody else
seems to want to do them.

> 5.  Is the ARM Debian port making use of debian.rebel.com at all?

I set up the wanna-build/buildd autobuilder system on it back in
January - but Jim Studt started running a different autobuilder of his
own.  Since there was no way of coordinating them, and Jim Studt was
putting in much more effort -- I decided to not use the autobuilder.

It sounds like wanna-build/buildd might be more useful after the
potato release.

Cheers,

 - Jim