Re: ia32-apt-get breaks system

    Seams that ia32-apt-get is really 'unstable'.

    As I said, I'm a very experienced user on mixing testing+usntable
and even other origin sources (Debian + Kanotix + unofficial +
whatever-comes-to-my-mind). Yes, my system is not stable be used as a
server, but to a desktop this recipe have worked as a charm form me. A
lot of times a have to solve broken dependencies by hand (dpkg
--purge, wget to download, dpkg --install...) but in the end
everything goes fine.

    But with the advent of ia32-ap-get I face the first time where
mixed 'sources.list' brings big troubles to my computer (HP Pavillion
dv5-1125br).

    There's some point missing to get ia32-apt-get work as expected.
My case is punctual (a user who really likes to mix many things) but,
if theres is other users having trouble with ia32-apt-get just by
using testing/squeeze?

    I have deinstaled packages by hand and reinstalled using aptitude,
need to make some pin before that. Now everything is working as
before.

    Well, I'm not here just to complain about misworking of a
package/software, if theres' is something to do to help improving
ia32-ap-get stability/usability just say to me.

    Many thanks to the developers and tester who are working hard to
make Debian (and derivatives) one of the most popular and usable Linux
distirbutions/Operating System.

    Schmitz, Marlon Régis
    Systems Engineer
    Network Administrator