Re: 32-bit vs AMD64 on Opteron for LAMP server

Jaime Ochoa Malagón wrote:
If I understand right you need to rebuild all the system because you
need to repartition,

Right

If you need the software in sarge why not have sarge and use your
already patched kernel?

??? I never said I "need" software in Sarge. I would much rather use Etch, because it is more up to date.

This is second thread about this server rebuild if my memory is accurate...

Yes, I have been planning this for a while. Sorry if it seems repetitive.

On the othe hand , are your sure about all the system could operate
without problems with etch i386?

Yes, I have my workstation at home using Etch for some time now, and it has a development environment which includes everything needed to run the website. I would like to run Etch simply because if I am re-installing anyway, then might as well upgrade to current in the process.

/Neil