Re: flash for etch amd64?

On Tue July 3 2007 09:24:31 am Stephen Cormier wrote:
> On July 3, 2007 12:52:41 pm Alan Ianson wrote:
> > >
> > > I have it installed, but there doesn't seem to be any documentation on
> > > how to set it up.  Perhaps no intervention is necessary.
> > >
> > > I have the adobe flashplayer .so plugin in /usr/local/mozilla/plugins
> > > but when I get Konqueror to scan it doesn't find it.
> > >
> > > I just remembered that I don't have ia32 libs installed.  Perhaps
> > > they're needed.  I'm doing that now and it will be done in 3 hrs or so.
> > >
> > > I'll let you know if this works.
> >
> > I'm getting the same results as you are. I do have ia32-libs-* installed.
> > I found a little documentation in /usr/share/doc/nspluginwrapper. I'll be
> > watching for any help from the list. I'm running sid if that makes any
> > difference.
>
> It does I believe it was somewhere around 3.5.6 for Konqueror where the
> change was made to allow it to use the flash. Have you actually installed
> the flash with nspluginwrapper -i libflashplayer.so in the directory where
> you put the .so. I put mine in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ then once the
> install command was run scanned for new plugins in Konqueror and it worked.

When I run that command in the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory I get this
error..

debian:/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins# nspluginwrapper -i libflashplayer.so
*** NSPlugin Viewer  *** ERROR: libflashplayer.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
nspluginwrapper: no appropriate viewer found for libflashplayer.so
debian:/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins#

These files are in that directory..

debian:/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins# ls
flashplayer.xpt              libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
libflashplayer.so            libtotem-gmp-plugin.xpt
libtotem-basic-plugin.so     libtotem-mully-plugin.so
libtotem-basic-plugin.xpt    libtotem-mully-plugin.xpt
libtotem-complex-plugin.so   libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
libtotem-complex-plugin.xpt  libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.xpt
debian:/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins#

I must be missing something but I'm not sure what.