Re: ld ? ldd ? please help

Am Sonntag 01 Juli 2007 schrieb Danny Tiberman:
> Hello
>
> When I do /sbin/ldconfig -v | grep libtk I get :
> libtk8.4.so.0 ---> libtk8.4.so.0
>
> but when I run ldd executable i get:
>
> libtk8.4.so --> not found
>
> Please Help I have never done this before.
>
> Thanks In Advance

Hi Danny,

1st make sure, to know, where libtk.84.so.0 resizes, i.e. /usr/lib/.

2nd make sure, the path to /usr/lib is known. If the files libtk is somewhere
else (.e. if the programm has its own libtk8.4, maybe in /opt/lib) make it
known to your system. To do this, add the path in /etc/ld.so.conf. In
Debian-amd64 you could also edit it
in /etc/ld.so.conf/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux.gnu.conf , as all its contents
are included.

3rd After editing the files(s), make the changes active with the command --->
ldconfig

4th Check /etc/ld.so.cache, it should be changed (size,date)

5th Run your application, should work now.

6th If is failes again, run your application out of a shell, so you can see,
what happnes, and, if everything fails, you can also run it out of a shell
using strace, i.e. strace konqueror.

7th You can redirect the output into a file using >> blah.txt, so you can
examine later.

Good luck

Hans