Re: bind mounts and shutdown sequence

On 10/19/06, Stephen Olander Waters <debian@luy.info> wrote:
I am running sid with amd64 architecture. I also have a chroot
called /x86 to run openoffice, acroread, boinc, etc. In my /etc/fstab, I
have several bind mounts into /x86.

When I run "shutdown -h now" or "shutdown -r now", the shutdown sequence
stops with an error after stopping all the processes. I have to use Alt
+SysRq to reboot. However, the shutdown sequence works OK if I manually
unmount the bind mounts before executing "shutdown".

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I can file a bug once I figure out what script is dying (it's hard for
me to tell because the machine is unusable except Alt+SysRq!)

Thanks so much,
-s

What does your /etc/fstab look like?
I've a quite similar configuration, but i don't have your problem...

Here's what mine looks like:
/home           /home/chroot-sid-i386/home none  bind            0       0
/tmp            /home/chroot-sid-i386/tmp none   bind            0       0
/sys            /home/chroot-sid-i386/sys none   bind            0       0
/proc            /home/chroot-sid-i386/proc proc  defaults        0       0

-Pascal
--
Homepage (http://organact.mine.nu)
Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org)