Re: LVM root?

Le 13.10.2006 01:14:01, dtutty@porchlight.ca a écrit :
On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 04:35:02PM +0200, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
wrote:

> >You suggest ext3 for the / system.  Why would I not just use JFS
for
> >everything?
> It is often easier to repair have access to ext3 (which is
> ext2+journal) from a system you have booted from a live CD, just in

> case of a weird problem on the filesystem.

Would that live CD (or the etch install-cd) be able to work with a
weird
problem on the filesystem if its on raid1?  Since the installer can
install to jfs anyway, and my previous bootfloppies predate SATA so
won't work, is this an issue?

Well,

I've 2 SATA disks, identical, 80 GB
I've 2 partitions on each
The first partition is 0xfd (raid autodetect) this partition is 100MB
The second partition is 0xfd also this partition is the rest of the disk

I've build 2 raid array, one with the 100MB partitions, the other with the space left.

On the first md device, I've an XFS partition mounted on /boot
On the second md, I've a LVM2 with the following logical volumes (only one VG/PV)
/
/usr
/var
/opt
/swap
/video

All these logical volumes have XFS filesystem, included the root filesystem.

I use grub (installed on both disks) as a bootloader.

I have had a bad problem with my power sypply. This resulted in a corrupted root filesystem. I've repaired it from an Ubuntu live CD.

Regards

Jean-Luc