Re: Tyan Europe

On Sun, 2006-05-28 14:02:43 -0500, Karl Schmidt <karl@xtronics.com> wrote:
> Francesco Pietra wrote:
> > Any experience with Tyan Europe technical support (support@tyan.de)?
> >
> > I posed a question to the above address about raid1 support by the
> > mainboard Tyan KWE 2895. The question was unanswered.
> Tyan USA blew off a recent question as soon as I mentioned Linux (the
> question really was particular to Linux) - they apparently don't see Linux
> users as important to support. - That being said, they do better support
> than most MB providers.

I bought the very first 2x Athlon board they build and had hear
problems in the case (basically, the board was killed by head, twice)
They promptly shipped new boards, even where basically I was guilty of
killing them. So (in Germany), I'm quite satisfied with their support.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O