Re: install ifort 9.0 with alien...

Giacomo Mulas wrote:

Yes, it works but... it will litter your nice standard debian filesystem
with foreign directories, such as /opt and friends which are so standard on red hat, fedora and similar. I suggest (as I did myself) to add a 2.5 step
in which you move files and directories to some decent debian-conforming
place. This also involves minimal editing of the executable scripts, but you will get a clean, debian-conforming filesystem hierarchy, with no things in
odd places.

Yes that would be easy to do. The executable scripts need editing anyway, so it's not much extra work. I should rewrite my conversion script to do this properly.

I asked Joey Hess about em64t vs amd64 and he said it is fixed in alien 8.61.

Regards,
Daniel.

Dr. Daniel Grimwood                   Room : 303.208
Nanochemistry Research Institute      Email: reaper@ivec.org
Curtin University of Technology       Phone: +61 8 9266 3204 (office)
P.O. Box U 1987, Perth                       +61 8 9266 3780 (lab)
Western Australia, 6845 Australia     Fax  : +61 8 9266 4699