Re: GoogleEarth and ATI OpenGL...?

When using the libGL.so.1 from fglrx64_6_8_0-8.26.18-1.x86_64.rpm,
googleearth starts up but notices me that it runs in software emulation
mode :-(

Any other ideas?

I guess I must have got lucky.  I used the libGL.so.1 from a version
that I had unpacked on
my system.  It was in a directory named fglrx-driver-8.24.8.  I think
it was an unpacked debian package (at least I have .debs of that
version laying around).  I think I was having trouble building the
kenel module or something at that time so I donwnloaded the packages
and tried to rebuild them.

Anyway, it sounds like you got something working by installing an
older version of the fglrx drivers.

Bill