printing in acroread from chroot

Hi,

I have acroread installed in a chroot which I'm running with schroot.
Printing from other applications in this chroot doesn't show any problems
(e.g. firefox prints fine).  However acroread refuses to print anything.
There is no message shown in the GUI, as if the job was sent successfully,
but nothing is printed.  The preferences panel shows my default printer
correctly, so it seems it is recognized.  But obviously something is not
right because clicking on the "properties" button in the print dialog of
acroread doesn't do anything either.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Seb