Re: kernel compile.again.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:22:16PM +0200, Daniel Tryba wrote:
> In my case the kernel just stops after:
> Initializing Cryptographic API
> io scheduler noop registered
> io scheduler anticipatory registered (default)
> io scheduler deadline registered
> io scheduler cfq registered
>
> in 2.6.16.24 the next lines would be the RTC driver, agpgart and serial
> with my monolitic kernel config.

I got around to testing the latest rc kernel on a freshly updated etch:
The good news: 2.6.19-rc4 actually boots on my machine.
The bad news is that the machine locks up after a couple of minutes
(time to do some tracing and report this).
Even badder news is that the old 2.6.16.24 refuses to mount my root fs
due to some "unsupported optional features (4)" on the ext3 fs :(

--

 When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

   Daniel Tryba