Re: high load average?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:30:59 +0100, Markus Neviadomski wrote
> Am Freitag, den 27.01.2006, 08:21 -0800 schrieb michael:
> > hello,
> > Have amd64 sarge installed with a 2.6.15 em64t kernel.
> > I was noticing that top was showing some processes running and thought it
was
> > a little high. I took a copy of the top command and pasted below.
> > This server was sitting doing nothing at that time, but shows I have 2
> > running.
>
> Hi,
>
> have a look at top a while, when the server is working, for example
> delivering a website or something other. And, talk about the servers
> you are running: webserver, gameserver, databases? It is very
> difficult to help you without any information.

It is a simple web, file server.
After rebooting it, the load average has gone back to normal.
Its just that we have other servers that do way more work and never seem
to get over 1.00, while this one is in a small network and was showing some
load averages over 1.00 at times.

When I ran
# top -i
It showed an acpupsd process running. When I killed that process, load
averages dropped significanly.
That may have been the problem too.

Thanks for the feedback,

Cheers,