Re: Debian ADM64 Etch (testing/unstable) system freeze

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of your processor getting to hot. The newcastle cores aren't as solid as venice cores, and i hear they run a little hotter too. I use a venice core and i can overclock the crap out of that thing. (with a huge thermaltake fan on it of course ) :-P.

Anyway i would start by checking your cpu temp. I would first check in BIOS.

You might also try installing gkrellm. It's a nice program for system monitoring. Make sure you have acpi installed as well!!!

You could also try UNDERclocking your processor, and if none of this works, try putting in another video card.

Worst case it's your system board. (which i highly doubt).

good luck

     -Andy