Re: Athlon Dual core support in kernel

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 11:18:11AM +0100, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> my machine booted happily with 2.6.12, however there are some timer
> synchronization problems with this kernel. the first version working
> correcly is 2.6.14, iirc. i run vanilla 2.6.15 on my box.

There are some TSC issues being worked on.  It was assumed TSC values
would be in sync on dual core cpus.  That was a wrong assumption, and it
is being cleaned up in the kernel now.  Not sure if 2.6.15 fixed it, or
if we have to wait for 2.6.16, but X2 systems should end up working more
like normal SMP systems for time interval checking.