Re: Problem creating ia32 chroot

On 11/30/05, Jo Shields <jo.shields@comlab.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
[...]
> run apt-setup in your chroot, to pick a mirror - if that doesn't work,
> try apt-cache search

You were right about apt not having a mirror. In the chroot
/etc/apt/sources.list was empty. So I added a mirror: (this is in the
chroot)

erebus:/# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
erebus:/# apt-get update
Err http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu testing Release.gpg
 Temporary failure resolving 'debian.cites.uiuc.edu'
Failed to fetch
http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/debian/dists/testing/Release.gpg
Temporary failure resolving 'debian.cites.uiuc.edu'
Reading package lists... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu
testing/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/debian.cites.uiuc.edu_pub_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu
testing/contrib Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/debian.cites.uiuc.edu_pub_debian_dists_testing_contrib_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu
testing/non-free Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/debian.cites.uiuc.edu_pub_debian_dists_testing_non-free_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

Moreover, trying to ping any site doesn't seem to work. Also, I can
access http://debian.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/debian outside the chroot.

Aethon