Re: Test wpa-encrypted

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:23:59AM +0000, antonio giulio wrote:
> I have installed wpa_supplicant for my wireless connection.
> Is there a way to test it? I can use internet normally, but I'm not
> sure that it's using wpa (I have read this tutorial:
> http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=399787&view=getlastpost).
> Could be good a sniffer like ethereal? And if so, how test it?

Just configure the access point to only allow WPA, and see if you
connect at all.  I am sure there is a better way but not sure what.  You
certainly can't tell with any packet sniffer since they only see the
stuff after it comes out of the wireless chip.  You would need some kind
of wireless traffic sniffer with it's own antenna or something to do
that.