Re: nvidia: Unknown symbol register_ioctl32_conversion

Stefan Salewski wrote:
Hello,

I have an Athlon64 X2 (dual core) processor and nvidia 7800GTX graphic card.

Some days ago I installed Sid with kernel 2.6.14. Textmode works well, but nv graphic card driver gives me a corrupted display on my TFT (DVI) at 1600x1200 resolution. (GDM login screen is ok, but when I try to log in, display gets corrupted.

I tried installing nvidia driver the debian way following this tutorial:

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html
I know that a few people have sucessfully installed nvidia driver mit 2.6.14 kernel, but I can not find a complete installation tutorial for this. Can somebody post this including changes for sources.list. I think another working installation recipe would be very usefull for many of us.

Thanks

Stefan Salewski

These sources provide the 7676 driver in (hopefully) easy to compile/install packages.

deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/amd64/
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/all/

Hugh