Re: orinoco usb adapter

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 01:20:27AM +0100, dugongs@gmx.de wrote:
> Hmm, thanks for your answer... I don't get my card work - even I tried all I
> knew and what I found in the net. Next time I won't buy anything without
> knowing debian-amd64 can handle it.
>
> Has anyone a hint, which wlan-card/adapter is usable with debian-amd64
> without any problems?

Well my wife's machine has a broadcom built in, which requires
ndiswrappers.  I wouldn't recomend that.

I have seen a number of people quite happy with the gpl drivers for
ralink based devices (there are a lot of those) and only a few people
that had problems getting them to work.  A list of devices using those
chips is here: http://ralink.rapla.net/

Always make _sure_ of the revision of a device since they often change
chipset/driver with the same model using a different revision.  For
example the dlink DWL-G122 usb adapter revision A1/A2 is prism based
(and requires ndiswrappers to have a chance of working) while the B1 is
rt2500 (ralink) based and apparently works with the gpl drivers on both
i386 and amd64 as far as I understand it.