Re: Wireless on HP NX6125 (64 bit)

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply. Bas van Besouw emailed me that he'd had success with
linuxant's driverloader. I have since installed driverloader and used it to
load the 64 bit Acer drivers linked to your page. I've had moderate success
in that driverloader accepts the INF and SYS files and brings up an eth1
interface. I can run iwconfig to query it and I can also do an

iwlist eth1 scan

which correctly finds my AP. I set my essid, set mode Managed and then issue a

dhclient eth1

which sends out a whole bunch of DHCPDISCOVERs, but no offers are received.
Much the same happens when I use the other 64bit acer drivers I downloaded
"80211g.zip". Under Windows XP I can successfully connect to my AP with the
same machine. The same goes for ndiswrapper and the 32 bit drivers shipped
with the machine under Debian i386--work flawlessly.

I have tried fixing the channel number with iwconfig, setting up the correct
interface in /etc/network/interfaces (and bringing up eth1 with ifup eth1),
turning off MAC filtering on my AP and still I cannot connect (get an IP). (I
am not using encryption.) I also re-tried ndiswrapper with the acer drivers
linked from your page and they fail to load.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome. My interfaces stanza goes like
this
# wireless lan home
iface eth1 inet dhcp
  wireless-mode Managed
  wireless-essid default   # default is my essid name at home

Thanks.

Richard