Re: matlab crashes on amd64

Þann Þriðjudagur 13. september 2005 18:27 skrifaði cx_debian@ttdom.de:
> Gudjon I. Gudjonsson writes:
>  > Hi
>  >    I have the following error using matlab. It doesn't even start, only
>  > giving the following message:
>  > *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x000000000059dde0
>  > *** Aborted
>  > I think it has to do with the upgrade from libc6 from 2.3.2 to 2.3.5.
>  > I am using Matlab version 7.0.4.
>
> Try setting MALLOC_CHECK_=0 in the environment - these are memory
> allocation bugs in the software that are detected by the new libc.
> -Christoph
>
> --
> Christoph Best                                      cbst at tigertiger de
> Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry, Munich      http://tigertiger.de/cb
exporting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 or 2.2 does not work as previously said.
Setting MALLOC_CHECK_=0 results in a segmentation fault.
   The problem is solved by running matlab in chroot with amd64 sarge. It
seems to work perfectly. I
   The problem about cadence is also solved. I forgot to add ia32-libs into my
system. Now it works but I don't know if the part of it that fails in SuSe
and Debian testing works perfectly. Will try that soon and report it if it
works well.

Thanks for your help
Gudjon