Re: AMD 64 Stability on Asus A8v Deluxe

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Erik Mouw wrote:

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:32:33PM -0700, Juan Ortega wrote:
Why dont you simply use memtest86?

Because memtest86 doesn't catch all memory errors, while a kernel
compile stresses the system in ways memtest86 doesn't. Some memory
errors only happen when there is IO going on at the same time, which is
exactly what a kernel compile does. For more information, see the sig11
FAQ at http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ .

Thanks very much for the clarification Erik! That's exactly what I wanted to answer and btw. the sig11 FAQ ist of course the source for the ramtest shell script I use.

Regards

Matthias Wenthe