Problem creating ia32 chroot

Hi,

I'm trying to create an ia32 chroot. I'm following the directions from
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id271960

So I start with:
erebus:/home/will# debootstrap --arch i386 sid /var/chroot/sid-ia32
ftp://debian.cites.uiuc.edu/pub/debian/
Which spits out tons of stuff, ending with

I: Configuring libopencdk8...
I: Configuring libgnutls12...
I: Configuring libgnutls11...
I: Configuring libldap2...
I: Configuring netbase...
I: Configuring gnupg...
I: Configuring sysklogd...
I: Configuring klogd...
I: Configuring console-tools...
I: Configuring console-common...
I: Configuring base-config...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.

I've run the command twice with the same result. Just in case I also
tried the next two steps:
erebus:/home/will# chroot /var/chroot/sid-ia32/
erebus:/# apt-get install libx11-6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  aptitude: Depends: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6-3.10 but it is not installable
            Depends: libsigc++-2.0-0c2 (>= 2.0.2) but it is not installable
  libx11-6: Depends: x11-common (> 4.3.0) but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: xlibs-data but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a s
olution).

So is this just a problem with sid being broken at the moment? Or is
there something else I can do to make things work?

Thanks,

Aethon