Re: Open office

Andrew Sharp wrote:

Er um hmm, but why has gentoo had OOo 2 working on their amd64 port for a
while now?  I'm considering just getting a gentoo precompiled package and
untarring it on my system or actually trying to hack a deb out of it or
something.  If they can do it, there's no excuse for debian not having it.

Does the gentoo package build without the x86 keyword? I haven't used gentoo on amd64 in awhile, but I remember it having pretty good support for running 32-bit apps without a chroot, whereas debian-amd64 tries to deal with mostly just 64-bit.