Re: Best approach for a system that needs desktop apps and 64bit address space

Nathan O. Siemers wrote:

Which Nvidia drivers are you speaking of? Graphics or Nforce ethernet, etc?

I have had no problem compiling and using Nvidia graphics on my 64 bit dual opteron system at work (Suse).

Remember what i said about "moronic"? Suse goes beyond moronic on its assumptions about amd64 and comes out the other side.

And how an amd64 Suse, or i386 Suse, behave aren't really relevant to i386 debian with amd64 kernel.