Re: anybody got the working?

Giacomo Mulas wrote:
Hello, I have an Asus A6000 laptop, on which I happily run the Debian sid amd64 port. I am trying to get a few peripherals to work in the 64 bit envirnoment, but I am stuck with the internal video camera (reported as a usb 2.0 ALi Corp.), the internal modem (it is claimed by the snd_intel8x0m, but how can I understand what the heck of a serial device it appears to be?) and the internal wireless LAN (reported as a Broadcom 4306). At least for the latter, I heard it can be gotten to work with ndiswrapper, but where can I get the Windows 64 bit driver for it? I would also love to be able to suspend to disk, but I hear that the nvidia driver does not permit this, any workarounds?

Please feel free to address me to appropriate web pages and/or mailing lists if I am posting in the wrong place...

Thanks in advance, Giacomo

This site http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html gives a list of working camera chips. Check /proc/bus/usb/devices and look for the Vendor and ProdID values. A google might reveal the chip and a driver you could use...

Hugh