Re: Onboard raid controllers a problem?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 01:22:39PM +0200, kohzak wrote:
> I'm about to install a Sarge on a ide hd (/), and create a 4 sata disk
> raid 5 for /home.
> Should i create it during sarge installation (at partitionning time) or
> after installation with tools like emvs ?

I would create it during the install.  And be aware lilo and grub can
NOT boot from software raid5.  They just don't know how to.

And I would avoid evms until it actually becomes a standard component.
lvm and md are standard and part of the installer and pretty much every
linux system.  evms is not.