Re: unreal tournament 2004

Dean Hamstead wrote:
> im running debian-amd64 sid also
> nvidia gefore 6600gt pcie
> nvidia drivers 1.0-7676 (previous versions dont like my card)
> k 2.6.12-1-amd64-k8
>
> 3d acceleration is working
> glxgears gives 3000+fps

Is that all? My AGP 5900XT gets about 6200fps. Unless you forgot a zero
at the end, I would expect you to get much better framerates than that.

I can only think of one more bit of advice. UT2004 doesn't spit out much
information to the terminal, but it has a nice verbose log. If your
machine is rebooting, though, anything helpful that might be in the log
probably isn't written to disk. This might work:
1. ssh into your computer from some other computer.
2. $ tail -F ~/.ut2004/System/UT2004.log
3. run ut2004
4. See what the log says.

-Corey