Re: 64-bit java plugin (or lack thereof)

On Sunday 28 August 2005 07:11, Corey Hickey wrote:
> I've been struggling with getting a java plugin working in my 64-bit
> firefox. It might well be an impossible task at this time, but I wanted
> to post here and see if anybody has had any success. Otherwise, this
> message might be able to save users some time trying things that don't
> work.
Not impossible. I've had it working fine for a few months now.

> I'm running pure64 Sid.
As am I

I downloaded the 1.4 Blackdown JRE install file (not the debian package)
and used the java-package package to create a debian package out of it.
I then installed the created package and java-common.

Packages in debian used:
	java-package
	java-common
File from Blackdown used:
http://ftp2.skynet.be/pub/ftp.blackdown.org/JDK-1.4.2/amd64/02/j2re-1.4.2-02-linux-amd64.bin
(I can't remember the exact version I used but this should be ok)

That was about it.

Just check to see if you have a
symlink /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so pointing
to /usr/lib/j2re1.4-blackdown/plugin/amd64/mozilla/libjavaplugin_oji.so

If not create it yourself and all should be good.

Grahame