Re: SATA install - AMD64 - success story

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 08:38:58AM -0400, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
> Not sure how to report this. Do you want the output of
> lsmod.modutils? Something else?
>
> http://www.jab.org/install-report2
> http://www.jab.org/install-report2-lsmod
>
> Aside from that, I know the temperature sensor chip won't be
> supported until kernel 2.6.13, and the secondary SATA chip (Sil 3124) is
> not yet supported. Don't know if sound and the secondary IDE controller
> are supported or not, haven't gotten them to work but didn't try
> hard. Working AHCI is so close I can almost, but not quite taste it.

If you add ahci to /etc/mkintird/modules.conf that should make sure the
initrd loads that module.  Then install 2.6.12 or regenerate the initrd
for it, and on your next boot ahci just might work.

If you already installed 2.6.12, you can do mkinitrd -o
/boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-1-..,whatever to generate a new one which should
include the ahci module since it is in the modules.conf file.