Interrupt problems with nforce4?

Hi,

Is anyone else seeing odd interrupt problems on nforce4?  I have an
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe where the audio doesn't work properly (sounds
jitters a lot) with APIC switched on; booting the kernel with the
"noapic" option helps a little though the audio still skips
occasionally under load.

I also see message in dmesg about "losing ticks" under heavy disc
I/O.

  Losing some ticks... checking if CPU frequency changed.
  [...]
  warning: many lost ticks.
  Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interupts
  rip nv_interrupt+0x8c/0xa0 [sata_nv]

I haven't been able to get cpufreq working either, though that's less
of an issue.  Loading the powernow module produces the message:

  powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron processors (version 1.00.09e)
  powernow-k8: BIOS error - no PSB

The board claims to support "Cool'n'Quiet".  No idea what a PSB is or
why my machine doesn't have one though.

(Full disclosure - it's actually running Ubuntu at the moment with
stock Ubuntu 2.6.10 kernel, but I'm not on any Ubuntu lists and there
seems to be a lot of x86_64 expertise on this list!)

Cameron.