Re: ldap solution (was Re: ldap problem)

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 04:07:52PM -0700, Matt Dunford wrote:

> Hi Jamie,
>
> I believe I found it.  In /etc/libnss-ldap.conf I changed this:
>
>    uri ldaps://myserver
>
> to this:
>
>    uri ldap://myserver
>
> Then the hang disappeared.  Debugging ssh further I came across this
> partial backtrace:
>
> *snip*
>
> I googled some more and found some users who have had similar problems
> with gnutls_bye() in libgnutls.  I even saw a posting saying that it
> works in i386, but not amd64.
>
> The function appears to be trying to shutdown its ssl connection, but
> it is waiting for something before it completes.  Unfortunately I
> don't know how to fix it.  I'll file a bug report.

Hi All,

In case anyone runs into the same problems I had, I solved it by using
stunnel.  All communication to and from the ldap server is now wrapped
using it and everything is working great.  Thanks to everyone for all
your help - and for putting up w/ me.

--
Sincerely,
Matt Dunford