Install troubles - Tyan K8WE

Having no luck installing sarge on our new machine.

Tyan K8WE w/2x Opteron 244s
LSI21320RB SCSI Controller
Plextor PX-716SA (SATA)

debian-31r0a-amd64-netinst.iso

The three items I'm having trouble with:

1. Installing from the Plextor drive. I'm reading that the newest kernel will work, so my work around plan is to use an IDE drive and then upgrade the kernel. I think this will work if I can get past the next two.

2. The integrated network processors don't seem to be supported. From the MB manual: Two IEEE Nvidia MAC 1000/100/10 Ethernet (First from PRO 2200, Second from PRO 2050). My proposed work around plan is to install an older network card for the installation and then upgrade drivers.

3. I can't partition my drives. I keep getting an error that says something like "no partionable drives installed." I'm stuck on this one. I've tried different boot parameters, but haven't had any success.

I have booted the system with Knoppix and I can configure the network and I can see the hard drives. Since the work day is about over, I thought I would try posting here for suggestions before trying again tomorrow.

Gary