Re: dvdrip problem -- solved

Antoine Labour <antoine.labour@m4x.org> writes:

   I tried some basic debugging but I'm not a perl guru. It looks like for
   some reason the run-time linker doesn't want to load the base shared
   libraries: running with strace -f shows the following.

strace -v shows that dvdrip sets LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5, which is
to blame for all. This comes from line 616 in
/usr/share/perl5/Video/DVDRip/Config.pm:

    sub init_nptl_bug_workaround {
            my $self = shift;

            if ( $self->get_value("workaround_nptl_bugs") ) {
                    $ENV{LD_ASSUME_KERNEL} = "2.2.5";
            } else {
                    delete $ENV{LD_ASSUME_KERNEL};
            }

            1;
    }

So you simply have to disable the "Workaround transcode NPTL
bugs" switch in the preferences, as explained in the 2005/05/17
entry on http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip.

Bye,

Hendrik