Re: dvdrip problem

This one time, at band camp, Hendrik Tews said:
> Hi,
>
> when I start dvdrip it tells me that the mandatory tools
> transcode and ImageMagick are missing. However, I have
>
>   ii  dvdrip         0.52.5-0.0     perl front end for transcode
>   ii  transcode      0.6.14-0.5     Utility to encode raw video/audio streams
>   ii  imagemagick    6.0.6.2-2.4    Image manipulation programs
>
> On stderr I see
>
>   sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I would be extraordinarily suprised if you don't have libdl - it's part
of libc6.  However, imagemagick (or something else) may be looking in
the wrong place for it.

What is the output of
dpkg -L imagemagick | grep bin | while read file
  do if [ -f $file ]; then
    echo $file
    ldd $file | grep libdl
  fi
done

and

locate libdl.so.2

HTH,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |