Re: VIA K8T800 / VIA 8237 mainboard

John Belmonte wrote:

Kyuu Eturautti wrote:
I've had very good success with K8T800/K8M800 series motherboards, some
of them Micro-ATX as well. Check the archives, there was some discussion
in very late December 2004, subject "Micro/FlexATX hardware for Athlon 64".

I haven't had any experiences with the integrated video though, as
they've all been server boards, and I've only used 80x50 VGA text mode.

For LAN, all Via based LAN chips have functioned perfectly. Via has
driver sources for all of them available, and most (if not all by now)
are included in 2.6 kernel sources.

I went ahead with the K8M800-- does the reboot command work for you?
I've had no success using Linux 2.6.11 with or without ACPI.  Since this
is going to be a remote server, without reboot it's as good as a
paperweight.

--John
I remember rebooting these several times during setup, but I haven't touched them much since. I remember rebooting one of them a few times while testing several kernel settings. As usual, ran into some problems with cpufreq/powernow (only fery few systems have worked nicely with these on, problems arise with very high loads). If you want, I can probably arrange for reboot tests on monday, but if memory serves, I haven't had any issues with rebooting so far. My kernel hasn't been that new though.

/v\