gcc-3.4 branch gone?

I use gcc-3.4 branch of unofficial debian-amd64
(deb http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/gcc-3.4 sid main contrib non-free) but now
I see that all gcc-3.4 package archives on all mirrors are gone. I
searched the web and the only info I found was that gcc-3.4 branch is
perhaps not going to be part of the official debian infrastructure even
after the release of sarge.

Could someone more informed explain what is happening to gcc-3.4 branch
please? Also I'm quite happy with gcc-4.0 and mainly with gfortran-4.0,
what upgrade path would you recommend me if I want to keep using and
testing new gcc and fortran95 on pure AMD64 Debian?

Pavel Jurus