Re: SATA problem on Tiger K8W (S2875ANRF)

Le 28.02.2005 22:30:07, amel.kapetanovic@freesurf.ch a écrit :
Hi,

I bought one Tiger K8W board. All seems to be OK, Knoppix and Ubuntu
works
fine, but I have a problem :

I can't do that my SATA disk is 'seen' like a IDE one, how it's
possible
with some boards.

Can someone please say me if it is possible and how to do it, or
comfirme
that is impossible?

Basically there are two way to configure a kernel to support a SATA disk:

The "old" way is to use the option found in:
Device drivers -> ATA/ATAPI/.. support ->
  Support for SATA (deprecated; conflicts with libata SATA drives

The new way is to configure it from the SCSI:
SCSI devices support -> SCSI low-level drivers ->
  [*] Serial ATA (SATA) support

and then your chipset specific option

Both are mutually exclusive and the second one which use the libata is the prefered one)

Best regards.

Amel Kapetanovic
Switzerland

Regards