Re: Grub problem?

Le 16.02.2005 09:12:12, throot a écrit :
I installed a pure 64 machine with grub to boot either XP or limux.
Everything went perfect! Good job.
But when starting the system I get:
GRUB loadind stage 1.5
for about 1 minute and then:
GRUB loading.. please wait.
for another minute and then the menu comes up.
Since I am new to Debian, I need explanation on how to fix that. Can I
apt-get remove and then install grub again? Or something else?
Thank's for your help.

No, apt-get remove will remove the package from your système, it will not remove the grub program that have been installed on your hdd (probably on the mbr).
To remove grub you can:
- Overwrite it with a fresh copy of the grub program (grub-install /dev/hdx will do the job) - Overwrite grub with lilo, you have first to download the lilo package and cnfigure it.
- Restore an old existing MBR

Jean-Luc