Re: Framebuffer and Kernel issues

I'm still unable to get VESA framebuffers working. Here are some of my system configuration settings:

My .config for my current 2.6.9 kernel...
$ grep FB .config
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_OFFBOARD is not set
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS=y
# CONFIG_FB_CIRRUS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_PM2 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_CYBER2000 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ASILIANT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_IMSTT is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VGA16 is not set
CONFIG_FB_VESA=y
# CONFIG_FB_HGA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_RIVA is not set
# CONFIG_FB_MATROX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON_OLD is not set
# CONFIG_FB_RADEON is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ATY128 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_ATY is not set
# CONFIG_FB_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_FB_NEOMAGIC is not set
# CONFIG_FB_KYRO is not set
# CONFIG_FB_3DFX is not set
# CONFIG_FB_VOODOO1 is not set
# CONFIG_FB_TRIDENT is not set
CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL=m

One entry in my menu.lst for grub looks like this:
title           Greg's Debian 2.6.9 February 6th HD0 (Clean)
root            (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/bzImage-2.6.9.Feb_6th root=/dev/md0 ro console=tty0 vga=ask
initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.9.Feb_6th
savedefault
boot

I have tried all sorts of settings on the kernel line like the following:
vga=0x301
vga=0x312
vga=0x305
vga=0x318
vga=792
vga=769
video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr vga=ask

none of them seem to work except the crappy 80x25, unless I boot to a default kernel that was pre-made and came with AMD64. I've followed all the information listed on this (http://www.linuxforums.org/tutorials/1/tutorial-3523.html) and other sites trying to get it working. I have all the options enabled in the kernel that should be, it seems pretty straight forward but geeze! I'll have to try the video=vga16:off thing. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-Greg