Re: recommendations for a barebone system

> El Miércoles, 13 de Octubre de 2004 10:00, Eric Lacroix escribió:
> > I have this box, the sn85g4. I'm happy with its features. It runs quiet
> > if you set the fans at very low speed, and don't get too hot (with
> > Athlon64 3000+) (but not cool either).
> > Alas, it happens a problem when it gets its stabilized temperature : the
> > network interface drop out. Not working anymore. I checked on several
> > forums, and I'm not alone. I've tried to cool it with an extra quiet
> > fan, open the box ... but can't find what part of the mobo to cool.
> > Only set the fan speed at average fix the problem (what I don't too
> > because of the noise).
> > For now, I run with an extra ethernet board, but it use my unique PCI
> > slot.
> >
> > Eric.
> Thanks for your information. It is interesting to know about this issue...

I have another sn85g4 box. Works quite well, and hadn't experienced
any problem with the onboard ethernet port. Anyway, hd seems to get
quite hot (about 50 degrees). It is quite quiet (right now, with mi
window open(9th floor, just three or four cars on the street) i don't
hear the cooler).

I've also an ati 9600xt DON'T BUY ONE OF THESE! I would suggest not to
buy any ati as there's no support for amd64. Right now, my brother in
an old k7-500MHz has better 3D performance than me!! with an nvidia g
440!!

I would wait, i think a new shuttle barebone is on it's way, and it
will support the new unified amd socket for 64 bit processors.

Aritz Beraza [Rei]
--
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]
[ WWW ]  http://evangelion.homelinux.net