Re: sk98lin doesn't work

Hi, Harri

Thanks for helping.

I got the latest sk98lin driver source from http://www.syskonnect.com/.
I also installed the kernel-source-2.6.8.deb package, because installing
the sk98lin driver needs to recompile the kernel.

When running the sk98lin install.sh script (compiling the kernel), I got an error:

scripts/mod/empty.c:1: error: code model `kernel' not supported in the
32 bit mode

It's most probably because my CPUs (Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz) are 64bits, but the compiler is default to -m32 instead of
-m64.

Shall I change the /usr/src/linux/Makefile to use -m64? and how?

Thanks!

Xiaolin