Re: openoffice in chroot

> Could you send all the details of what you did to get running?

Well, first of all, since the chroot I had installed was sid-ia32, I
thought maybe it's because... well... it's sid, you know. So last
night I wiped it out and debootstrapped sarge over it. I have not had
time to check if openoffice works yet, because it's been downloading
all night. This morning I checked and it seemed to have downloaded
everything OK and was already configuring things. I did not have time
to go through it cos I gotta work too, you know.

But the correct sequence to debootstrap sarge I think is along the lines of
run debootstrap command
after it's done setting up the base system create
/etc/apt/sources.list (which does not exist at first, you create it)
and put in the relevant lines, depending if you're installing sarge or
sid, or stable.
apt-get install locales
This will get rid of the annoying messages about locale being
undefined or uninstalled and whatnot.

Then you run base-config, which does the rest. You go through the
package configuration and whatnot...
Then you follow instructions in the howto, mounting the 64bit /home,
proc and /tmp filesystems in the chroot, and linking the libraries,
and stuff.

The first time I did it I did not install locales before doing
anything else. (I did create an /etc/environment file, by hand, which
did not change much since the actual locales were not installed) I
went through the whole install, mounting filesystems, installing X and
kde, and openoffice, etc, and THEN, did apt-get install locales. It is
true however that last time I neglected to link the 32bit libraries in
the 64 bit system, but I did not think that was important as far as
running programs INSIDE the chroot is concerned.

I'll report tonight if this time things are working better or what...

Alex.