Re: Mirorring Debian AMD 64 bit version

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <lepalom@wol.es> writes:

> Hi, yes please, could someone give a bit more information about that.
>
> I have looked the
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/archive-structure.txt

This file details plans for the near future and comments and
improvements to it are welcome. It will be implemented as spare time
permits.

> file, I also I have realized that there's also some directories as:
>
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/openoffice.org/

Contains some 32 bit OO packages repackaged for amd64 as a
test. Probably outdated and useless by now but at one time they
worked.

> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/sarge/
> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/

The sarge and sid repository to be megred into what
archive-structure.txt describes.

> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/gcc-3.4/

Sid but with gcc-3.4 compiled. We wanted to see how well gcc-3.4 would
work since gcc-3.3 did have serious issues but they have been resolved
by now. Personaly I don't see a point for it anymore but it is still
used and maintained by some.

> http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian/

Part of archive-structure.txt.

> and there's several mirrors and some has partial, so, I think that all is bit
> complicated and not clear.
>
> Please, it's posible to make some information about that?
> We are a LUG that has a server in Barcelona/Catalonia and we want to make a
> public mirror of debian-amd64, and it would be useful for all.

Most mirrors only have the pure64/dists/sid repository (i.e. unstable
amd64). This is currently the most complete and functional one. The
intention of the plans i archive-structure.txt is to reduce the
duplicate files currently existing in sarge and pure64 and the
official debian archive. People that already have a debian mirror
would only mirror the add ons for amd64.

> Thank's in advance,
>
> Best regards,
> Leo

MfG
        Goswin

> A Dimecres 24 Novembre 2004 15:19, Nils Valentin va escriure:
>> Hi Debian fans,
>>
>> If anybody from the Alioth team is reading this by chance (or anybody
>> else),
>>
>> I would like to mirror the debian packages for the AMD 64 bit distribution.
>> Which server of the 8 known should I use ?
>>
>> My mirror will be based in Tokyo / Japan, so I hope thats a valuable
>> contribution saving you guys some network bandwith ;-).
>>
>> Please be so kind and get back to me.
>>
>> --
>> kind regards
>>
>> Nils Valentin
>> Tokyo/Japan
>> valentin_nils(at)be-known-online.com
>> http://www.be-known-online.com/mysql/
>

> --

On bach the following mirror script is running to create its mirror
(replace goswin-guest with your alioth login or another mirror or
method) [bach porvides annonymous rsync access]:

-------------------------------] mirror.sh [----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

cd /org/ftp.root/

exec > mirror.log

[ -e UPDATE-IN-PROGRESS ] && exit 0
touch UPDATE-IN-PROGRESS

# pure64 repository
debmirror -v -p --postcleanup --source -h goswin-guest@debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org -e rsync -r archive/pure64/ -d sid -s main,main/debian-installer,contrib,non-free -a amd64 --ignore="^dists/sid/main/debian-installer" --ignore "^dists/sid/main/installer-amd64" --ignore "^dists/sarge" --ignore "^dists/testing" --ignore "^dists/unstable" --ignore "^patches" --ignore "^buildd-logs" /org/ftp.root/pure64

# gcc-3.4 repository
debmirror -v -p --postcleanup --source -h goswin-guest@debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org -e rsync -r archive/gcc-3.4/ -d sid -s main,main/debian-installer,contrib,non-free -a amd64 /org/ftp.root/gcc-3.4

# some extras debmirror won't pick up
for DIR in biarch icons install-images multiarch debian-installer kernels tools pure64/dists/sid/main/installer-amd64; do
  rsync -avHP --delete goswin-guest@debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org:archive/$DIR/. /org/ftp.root/$DIR/.
done

touch MIRROR.STAMP
rm UPDATE-IN-PROGRESS